Thursday 21 April 2011

The early mornings were too much....

Now that I have your attention, I just thought I would tell you about a great family day coming up on 21st May. It's a DOUBLE celebration at Lochwinnoch, not only is it the annual regatta at  Castle Semple Rowing Club but it is also their 40th birthday!! Con-fused Arts are happy to be donating some gorgeous Fair Trade Jewellery for their raffle along with great prizes from others.  All proceeds will go into the vital running of the club, buying equipment and expanding the club - this is  ALL done by volunteers!

As to the title of this blog - well, I did once have my dabbling in the sport of rowing during my first year at undergrad uni but to be honest the early saturday mornings up in Belfast were not enticing enough. Oh for the less responsible days of youth, yes, I picked my bed over the rowing, freezing water, sore muscles, hauling boats in and out of the river. So, I take my hat off in admiration to the dedication of all those volunteers who run Castle Semple RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment